Saturday, July 14, 2007

Let's talk some FANTASY FOOTBALL!! (Part 1: Kickers)


Hey everyone! Welcome to my very first blog of my entire life! My name is Gabe, and I consider myself a fantasy baseball and football guru. I'd first off like to thank my good friend, former roommate, college buddy Chris for giving me this opportunity! With that being said, LETS GET RIGHT INTO THE ACTION!

There is nothing I like talking about more then Fantasy Football. (Maybe with the exception of my Chicago Bears or WWE). Each day I am going to talk about my top 10 for each position. The first position I will discuss, is the Kicker spot.

Here is my top 10 Kickers for this upcoming season:

10) Josh Scobee (JAC) - made 80% of his kicks last year, and was #6 overall in kicker total points in 2006
9) Neil Rackers (AZ) - new coach, much improved offense, huge leg (despite only converting 1 50+ yard FG last year)
8) Matt Stover (BAL) - 93.3% kicking accuracy for best in the league last year. Willis McGahee HUGE upgrade over Jamal Lewis means more points for this 39 year old from Lousiana Institute of Technology
7) Robbie Gould (CHI) - league high 143 points last year - no Thomas Jones this year however, so the offense maybe a little inconsistant at times (especially with Grossman at the helm)
6) Jason Elam (DEN) - top 10 in each of the last 5 years in terms of points. Travis Henry is an upgrade in the running game, this 37 year old should have no problem putting up points.
5) Jeff Wilkins (STL) - league leading 32 FG's last year... high powered offense, a MONSTER at long range field goals.... enough said.
4) Stephen Gostkowski (NE) - the unbelievable WR core that the Pats now have will prove to be HUGE with Gostkowski. The Pats will score LOTS of points this year.
3) Adam Vinatieri (IND) - Colts offense? Playing in a dome? Future Hall of Fame kicker? Do the Math.
2) Shayne Graham (CIN) - Converted 52 of 63 FGs in the last 2 years. Top 10 in scoring each of the last 3 years. Carson Palmer the QB? Chad Johnson the WR? Rudi Johnson the RB? POINTS!!!!

and my #1 overall Kicker: Nate Kaeding (SD) - Nate has the luxury of having the greatest RB in recent years with LT. Phillip Rivers is improving each and every year. Gates is a monster. SD in general is a very solid team.. I just hope they lose to my Bears Week 1 haha!

Thats it from here, until tomorrow... those are my rankings, and I'm sticking to it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bump up Rakers a few notches you Yahole